COLLEGE PLACEMENT PROGRAM 2017
One of the main objectives of the IJSA program is to guide students, with constant check-ups on racing activity and school progress, to continuing their sailing career in prestigious universities in the USA and around the world.
An initial overall evaluation by the IJSA Team, that will focus on specific requests, personality, long and short term academic objectives and sailing objectives, is the first step to lay out the student’s specific plan. The personalized plan will be tailored to the situation and prepared in agreement with the student’s family and Club or Federation.Both academic and sailing programs are designed specifically for the selection criteria of US colleges.
The program requires participation to a minimum of 2 clinics a year (4 in the plan) to allow the Team to verify the athlete’s progress. It also includes the search for a college with the right fit for the student considering his/her goals and the academic and athletic level. The personalized plan will be constantly adapted to the changing requirements of the student and depending on his/her progress, always in agreement with the family, Club and Federation.
IJSA will keep the contacts with recruiters and coaches and assist the students in all steps of the college application process
- provides long-distance year-round counselling to high school students interested in entering US Colleges, the service provides periodic check-ups to keep track of the student-athlete’s development
provides long-distance year-round counselling to high school students interested in entering US Colleges, the service provides periodic check-ups to keep track of the student-athlete’s development
- includes 4 yearly clinics which provide sailing and athletic training as well as intensive academic sessions and workshops
- develop a clear, long-term game plan for the recruiting process
- preparation based on what college coaches are looking for and how they recruit provide
- college searches for “best fit” school based on academics and skill level
- provide initial contact with recruiters and help throughout the application process